AEER Governing Bodies
Journal "Engineering Education"
||Sergey I. Gerasimov
Director of the Accreditation Center
tel./fax: (383) 328-03-52
tel./fax: (3822) 417-009
The Accreditation Center is a structural unit of the Association for Engineering Education of Russia (AEER). The Director of the Accreditation Centre is appointed by the AEER Administrative Board and reports to it.
The Accreditation Centre of the AEER undertakes its activities to promote quality assurance in engineering education through external evaluation and accreditation of programs, provision of information within the limit of the Centre’s competence, and performance of other functions in accordance with the AEER Charter.
Goals and Aims of the Accreditation Center
- Assuring Quality of engineering education through accreditation of engineering degree programs offered by Russian higher education institutions(HEIs);
- Informing engineering education stakeholders (HEIs, industry and business, authorities, the society as whole) about degree programs offered by Russian HEIs and meeting international standards of quality;
- Disseminating best academic practice and international experience in quality assurance in the Russian academic community.
Accreditation Center Areas of Activities:
- Organizing and conducting accreditation of engineering degree programs offered by Russian HEI’s;
- Promotion of accreditation ideology to public and private YEIs, organizations and industrial enterprises;
- Cooperation with accreditation bodies and associations, both in Russia and abroad, aimed at continuous improvement of accreditation criteria and procedures and accepting the best practice experience;
- Providing consulting and information services to Russian HEIs on issues related to accreditation of engineering degree programs;
- Training experts for conducting evaluation and accreditation of degree programs in engineering and technology.
Advantages of getting accreditation of engineering degree programs from the AEER Accreditation Center:
- Independent quality assessment of programs according to internationally recognized criteria and procedures;
- Names of accredited degree programs are published in the AEER and ENAEE registers, the programs are awarded the EUR-ACE Label;
- Possibility to get extra state-funded admission places from the Ministry of Education and Research of the RF;
- Better competitiveness of accredited programs in the Russian and international markets of academic services;
- Better career opportunities for accredited programs graduates.
AEER Accreditation Center Policy Statement