AEER Governing Bodies
Journal "Engineering Education"
/ Of current importance
Of current importance
President of Russia approved Priority Development Areas in Science, Technology and Engineering in the Russian Federation
President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev signed the Executive Order On Approving Priority Development Areas in Science, Technology and Engineering in the Russian Federation and the List of Critical Technologies in the Russian Federation.
Text of the Executive Order:
For modernisation and technological development of the Russian economy and improvement of its competitiveness decree:
1. To approve subjoined:
a) Priority Development Areas in Science, Technology and Engineering in the Russian Federation
b) List of Critical Technologies in the Russian Federation
2. The Government of the Russian Federation should oversee the implementation of the Executive Order.
3. This Executive Order shall enter into force upon signature
* * *
The Executive Order has been drafted in line with the Presidential instruction of April 17, 2003 ĻPr-655 on the adjustment, at least once every four years, of development priorities in science, technology and engineering in the Russian Federation, and the list of critical technologies in the Russian Federation on the basis of the Presidentís decisions and on the Governmentís recommendation.
Priority Development Areas in Science, Technology and Engineering in the Russian Federation
- Security and counter-terrorism.
- Information and telecommunications systems.
- Life sciences.
- Advanced weapons, military and special technology.
- Environmental management.
- Transport and space systems.
- Energy efficiency, energy saving, nuclear power.
List of Critical Technologies in the Russian Federation
- Basic and critical military and industrial technology for the development of advanced weapons, military and special technology.
- Basic technologies of power electrotechnology.
- Biocatalytic, biosynthetic and biosensor technology.
- Biomedical and veterinary technology.
- Genomic, proteomic and post-genome technology.
- Cell technology.
- Computer modeling of nanomaterials, nanodevices and nanotechnology.
- Nano-, bio-, information and cognitive technologies.
- Technology of nuclear energy, nuclear fuel cycle, safety of radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel.
- Bioengineering technology.
- Technology of diagnostic of nanomaterials and nanodevices.
- Technology of access to broadband multimedia services.
- Technology of information, control and navigation systems.
- Technology of nanodevices and microsystems equipment.
- Technology of new and renewable sources of energy, including hydrogen energy.
- Technology of acquisition and processing of structural nanomaterials.
- Technology of acquisition and processing of functional nanomaterials.
- Technology and software of distributed and high performance computer systems.
- Technologies for monitoring and prognostication of the state of environment, prevention and elimination of its pollution.
- Technology of exploration, prospecting, mineral deposits development and their mining.
- Technology of prevention and response of emergency situations of natural and anthropogenic character.
- Technologies of reduction of losses caused by socially significant diseases.
- Technology of creation of high-speed vehicles and intelligent control systems for new modes of transportation.
- Technology of creation of space-rocket and transport equipment of new generation.
- Technology of development of electronic components and energy efficient light devices.
- Technology of development of energy efficient systems of transportation, distribution and use of energy.
- Technology of energy efficient production and conversion of fossil-fueled energy
Text of the Executive Order (in Russian)