AEER Governing Bodies
Journal "Engineering Education"
/ Of current importance
Of current importance
International Conference «Modern Technologies of Mathematical Education for Engineering Students – MetaMath», February 16-17, 2017, Saint-Petersburg
It is our pleasure to invite you and your colleagues to participate in the forthcoming International Conference «Modern Technologies of Mathematical Education for Engineering Students – MetaMath».
Conference Dates: February 16-17, 2017
Venue: Russia, Saint-Petersburg, Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI"
Conference Aim: to consider international and Russian best practices of mathematical education for students in the field of engineering and technology, to explore best practices of modern technologies application within mathematical courses and disciplines, to discuss problem situations and to determine ways of ensuring the quality of mathematical education for future engineers.
Conference is organized with the support of the InternationalTempus Project: MetaMath (Modern Educational Technologies for Math Curricula in Engineering Education of Russia)
- Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI";
- Association for Engineering Education of Russia (AEER);
- Saarland University (Saarbrücken, Germany);
- Tampere University of Technology (Tampere, Finland);
- Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 (Lyon, France);
- Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod;
- Kazan National Research Technical University named after A.N. Tupolev – KAI;
- Ogarev Mordovia State University;
- Tver State University.
Organizers invite to participate: Rectors, Vice-rectors, heads of educational and research divisions, deans, heads of departments, professors, associate professors, students and PhD students of universities that are involved in mathematical education for engineering students.
Working languages: English, Russian
Conference Program includes plenary sessions featuring invited experts from Russia and abroad, participants’ presentations in line with the key topics of the Conference.
- Efficient methods of mathematical education (interactive approach, project based learning, serious games, etc.);
- Math teaching in the context of natural sciences and engineering courses (ratio between fundamental and applied components);
- Comparative analysis of Russian and international best practices of mathematical education;
- Application of ICT and e-learning teaching methods for engineers’ mathematical education (adaptive and intelligent teaching systems, problem solvers and training tasks generators, environments for cooperative/collaborative training, etc.);
- Modern technologies and methods of mathematical education for students with different levels of competences and motivation (bridging courses, work with talented students, support of independent work of students, lifelong learning);
- Quality assessment of mathematical education for engineering students (modern technologies for testing and monitoring mathematical knowledge and competences).
TO REGISTER PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK