AEER Governing Bodies
Journal "Engineering Education"
On November 17-18, 2011, in St. Petersburg X All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference "Planning and Providing of Training of Personnel for Industrial and Economic Complex of Region" was held.
The Association for Engineering Education of Russia was one of the Conference organizers, President of the Association Yury Pokholkov became a member of the Conference Presidium. The organizers were also Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, St. Petersburg Administration, Council of Rectors of Universities of St. Petersburg, Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs of St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg Association of Radioelectronics, Instrumentation, Communications and Infotelecommunications, St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University "LETI " and JSC "Concern "Oceanpribor".
The Conference topics were:
- Monitoring and forecasting of professional labour market needs
- Quality assurance of targeted training of highly qualified personnel
- Strategic partnership of universities and industrial enterprises
- Practical forms of partnership of employers and educational institutions
- Public and professional accreditation of educational programmes as a tool of assessment of quality of higher education by community of employers
- Certification of specialists as a tool of training quality assurance and professional development of personnel for industrial and economic complex. Principles and mechanisms of implementation
- Employment and professional adaptation of specialists
The representatives of the Association participated in the Conference:
- Yury Pokholkov, Dr. of Tech. Sc., Professor, Head of Department of National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University, AEER President;
- Dmitry Puzhankov, Dr. of Tech. Sc., Professor, Head of Department of St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University “LETI”, AEER Vice-President, member of North-Western Regional Department;
- Vladimir Kutuzov, Dr. of Tech. Sc., Professor, Rector of St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University “LETI”, member of the AEER Administrative Board, chairman of North-Western Regional Department;
- Svetlana Rozhkova, Dr. of Ph.-Math. Sc., Professor, Professor of National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University, member of the AEER Administrative Board, Director of the AEER Tomsk Branch, member of the Regional Department of Tomsk oblast;
- Sergey Shaposhnikov, Cand. of Tech. Sc., Head of Information and Methodical Centre for Engineering Education Development of St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University “LETI”, member of North-Western Regional Department;
- Vasily Moiseev, Dr. of Ped. Sc., Professor, Rector of Penza State Technological Academy, chairman of the Regional Department of Penza oblast.
Also on November 17, 2011, within the frameworks of the Conference President of the Association Yury Pokholkov conducted the Training “Level of engineers training in Russia: evaluation, problems and solutions” for its participants.
More information about the Training
More information about the Conference (in Russian)